People have viewed this blog from the following nations

Monday, 21 January 2013

Yes, I know it's been some time but there is a reason

As you may have noticed I last put something up here in November commenting on the crop of elections that the United Kingdom had been experiencing and nothing at all over Christmas until today. Well, the simple reason for that is, unfortunately, time constraints. As well as being a community councillor, I am also a registered carer for my grandparents. This means that I am paid by the United Kingdom government to do things for them when they cannot (for instance, make them cups of teas, wheel trollies to and fro and so on) and over Christmas we had a lot of family commitments and that meant a shedload of baking (which my grandmother being a past president of the Women's Institute in Warwickshire, she is a past master at) and so therefore they were even more tired than usual (and it's taken me this long to recover) but recover I have and am now able to get back to the business at hand which over the last few days has been the snow that has been falling over various parts of the United Kingdom (including this part).

 

Now, that is clearly not as bad as some parts of the country, including parts of the Brecon Beacons (Sennybridge in Powys had 26 cm (a little over ten inches) of lying snow by Saturday morning) but as this is the first village where there have been neighbours within easy distance, on Friday I went to see all of them and asked if there was anything I do to assist them in this cold weather. Thankfully they were both able to cope and were keeping warm and therefore keeping well, but as this cold weather continues to cover the United Kingdom this seems an opportune moment to ask "Are you looking after your elderly neighbours?". All it takes is just a gentle knock on their door and when they answer say "Is there anything that I can do for you?". Sometimes the only people that speak to elderly people in a community are the postman and the milkman. So for as long as this cold spell continues, think about those who are unable to help themselves and offer to help them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any comments or questions, please use the form provided.